Book Discussion Group - "Unexpecting"
Join us for a 4 week journey
through this important new book by Rachel Lewis.
Pregnancy loss. This topic is tender and personal for so many of us. "Unexpecting" may be just the book we needed years ago, or maybe it's the book we need right now. During the month of October (which is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness month), we will spend 4 weeks gathering online to discuss what we are reading and to process and integrate all that this book holds. Our community will use guidelines and carefully crafted discussion questions to create a space where we can bravely step into our learning and share bits of our own stories. We will be able to share with other folks who truly get the experience of pregnancy loss. There will be opportunities for Q&A with the author, as she joins us for several of our sessions together.
I have created group spaces for hundreds of moms and parents over the years to discuss pregnancy and the postpartum period. My own story holds loss, and this topic has come up so many times in moms' groups through the years. It is my goal to create spaces where we can be seen and heard, where our feelings about our loss(es) can be shared openly with no judgment, where we can begin to move through our stories and possibly begin to find healing, or deeper meaning. When we gather in this way, we never have to sugarcoat our experiences, but instead we can create a space where we are able to speak our truth, and find the wisdom, strength, hope, and even joy that may be held in those stories.
This discussion group includes:
"Unexpecting is a comprehensive, gentle, and real conversation with a friend who intimately understands the complexities and heartache involved in pregnancy loss."
-JENNY ALBERS, loss mom, founder of the Still Loved pregnancy and infant loss community, and author
A few other details and tidbits:
- PLEASE PLAN TO PURCHASE A COPY OF THE BOOK if you haven't already.
- The live group discussions will NOT be recorded. Due to the sensitive nature of our topic, we will not be making a recording available for missed sessions. You do not have to attend every session.
- The book is set up in 4 sections, so those will be general jumping off points for our discussion in each group.
- Group discussions like this work best when we can see each other. Please plan to be on video for the group sessions, if at all possible.
- All aspects of group are consent based and trauma-informed. Each person self-selects their level of participation. I will be using the GPS model in our sessions.
- Due to time and format, we will not be sharing/listening to full loss stories. For those who might need additional time/space to process their personal experience of loss, Crystal offers 1:1 Listening Sessions.
- Got other questions? Send me a message! I love helping people step into an "enthusiastic YES". I want you to have all the info you need.